Resident Criteria and Application Process
A Note to Our Prospective Residents about Our Application Process
1. Please read about Tam House so that you understand who we are and what living here is all about. This is communal living!
2. Arrange a visit to Tam House by contacting our House Manager.
3. Fill out an Application either online or print one, fill it out and mail it in.
4. If the Manager believes you might be a good fit for our community at the time, he will invite you for an interview with two members of our Board.
5. BEFORE you come for an interview, fill out the Pre-Interview Questionnaire either online, or print one and mail it in.
6. Come to the interview.
7. If the Board and the Manager believe you are the best fit for Tam House at the time, you will be invited to have dinner with the residents, AND we will do a Credit and a Criminal Background check.
8. If all goes well, following the dinner and the background check, you will be invited to be a resident of Tam House.
There is currently one room open at Tam House. We are accepting applications.
Marin County has lifted its' stay at home order and so we have reopened our application process. We'll keep the process as socially distant as possible - some interviews online if possible, short tours of the house, etc. All of our Residents and staff are vaccinated and we encourage all applicants to get their COVID vaccine shots as well.